The first of my recollections stored away for none to see:
Teetering tricycles
sidewalking dangerously close
to the break of the earth
I could see the sea
I could feel my name
pattering against the backs of my ears
but my eyes could only think in front of me
That day I met my most steadfast companion
when my ears first met my eyes
My heart shuddered
My eyes blinked themselves clear
The waves I had loved
wrestled me into the ocean
slowly enough to startle.
Now I needed light to sleep
my dreams were daylight
unplagued by the feeling of falling
because I cautiously tread.
Fear faithfully accompanied me
a seemingly omnipotent best friend.
She scratched a moral compass on the back of my wrist
with the north star pointing to my past
lighting my path into a familiar circle
In encountering Risk
fear gave me a pinch
and I turned away.
When meeting Change, I see Fright’s shadow
and am reminded of all she’s done for me.
As horizons change my loyalties fade
the sunsets reveal her other half
the lights of the night reveal the deceit in my partner’s face
true colors glow in the dark
when it seems no one is watching
deceit can always be seen.
I sleep in the dark now.
No comments:
Post a Comment